Rui is a senior design director based in Lippincott's New York office.
Her biggest strength? Bringing an out-of-the-box perspective to her work and a passion for making the world better through design.
- In your own words, what do you do at Lippincott?
I help clients visually express and communicate to their audiences in a way that is authentic and unique to their brand.
- Which projects have been the most meaningful to you and why?
Gumption Coffee. Being part of transforming a local beloved coffee shop to a global brand was exciting!
- If you weren't in this profession, what would you be?
I'd own a shop in the city that sells products I love; natural wine, Japanese snacks that I grew up on, Tibetan Thangkas... it would be my own little corner of the world.
- What's your favorite thing about the place you call home?
New York City frees you to be you.
- When did you decide you wanted to be in this business? 그 이유는 무엇일까요?
Since...forever. I was a weird kid obsessed with logos—and I still am!
- What is your favorite art movement / designer / artist / philosopher / book / movie? 그 이유는 무엇일까요?
Herb Lubalin's never-afraid-of-being-different attitude and aesthetic.
Pratt Institute, M.S. Communications Design
Keio University, B.A. Environmental Information Study
Intern at Landor, developing brand expressions for Japanese companies