The design team plays a pivotal role in offering creative solutions to brand, innovation, and experience challenges. Whether it’s perfecting the cadence of a key presentation or discovering a new path to engage users in an online experience, we lend the best of design thinking to the rest of our practices areas, from Strategy to Innovation, New Business, and internal or marketing initiatives.
As an intern, you will collaborate across teams and work with expert designers on a variety of projects. If you’re creative, motivated, and highly articulate you’ve come to the right place! We look for designers who will bring self-initiative to projects and daily routine.
To be successful in this role, you should demonstrate experience with InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop. Experience with motion and interaction design software, i.e. AfterEffects Sketch, etc. is preferred. We seek designers with skills and experience across a range of media, including identity, print and interaction design.
- Participate in conceptualization and with assistance, develop preliminary concepts in to refined comprehensive design solutions
- Individually and as part of a team, work on logo designs, visual systems, guidelines and presentations
- Assist in producing and coordinating design audits
- Conduct background research on identity and create mood boards for projects
- Bring to life brand stories through print, digital interaction, animation and motion design
- Assist in producing client presentations
- Assist in gathering materials for case studies
- Demonstrated creative ability through a strong design portfolio across a range of static, dynamic and interactive media
- Demonstrate high quality/accuracy in design standards
- Ability to apply basic educational principles to creative work
- Strong technical abilities in InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop, and web prototyping software (i.e. Sketch) is a plus
- Proficiency in motion/film editing software such as After Effects and/or Cinema 4D
- Desire to learn more about the intersection of brand, innovation and design
- Enthusiasm to work in close collaboration with brand strategists and designers to solve our client’s toughest challenges
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to set priorities and manage time
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate ideas
- Ability to constructively participate as part of a project team
- Demonstrate a true passion for design and branding
- An interest in interactive design is a plus
- Desire to proactively seek constructive feedback
- Willingness and enthusiasm toward extending knowledge about technology/media, production process, design applications and working methods
The internship is a full time paid position for a period of 16 weeks beginning in as soon as possible. Please ensure that you submit your online portfolio along with your application and clarify your availability in your application.
Lippincott is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions at Lippincott are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, national origin, age, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate. We are committed to promoting a workplace that we are all proud to be a part of.