Senior Director, Content Strategy
We believe in the power of content to build trust, credibility, and high-value relationships with users. Whether emphasizing meaningful educational content within the site experience itself or building out a content marketing program that lives in the broader ecosystem, Lippincott recognizes that in today’s landscape, rich content is more persuasive than experiences alone, and enables brands to provide ongoing—and better targeted—guidance to users over time.
Lippincott is looking for a Senior Director, Content Strategy to join our NYC Office. In this role, you will make sure great content and amazing design co-exist. You will be ready to shape editorial and system content planning from initial strategy and solutions to implementation and post-launch optimization. Internally, you will work with Experience / Interaction Designers, Experience Strategists, Developers, and UX/UI Designers to create innovative content solutions. Lippincott is a highly collaborative environment, and we need someone comfortable working both as part of a team and autonomously. You are also expected to grow relationships externally with clients, presenting their conclusions in a clear and concise manner. You will act as a subject matter expert for our internal team and a trusted advisor for day-to-day and senior clients.
Our team doesn’t just explain the reasoning behind our work—we make the client excited about what we’ve produced. We want you to love nothing more than unraveling tough problems and inspiring people to think about content in fresh new ways. Unique and varied backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences allow us to think bigger, deliver the most impactful results to our clients, and succeed together. Fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where we all feel represented, welcomed, able to contribute, and empowered to achieve our full potential is important to who we are today and who we strive to be tomorrow.
- Lead content strategy development throughout the entire web development process to define strategic visions for businesses and brands, including the role of content in that vision, and deliver on it
- Facilitate workshops internally and externally with an infectious sense of enthusiasm
- Weigh in on design decisions with an understanding of strategic goals, ensuring the work looks amazing and has content to match
- Understand digital culture; As a key culture maven, you will bring a “fast-culture” voice to our digital, experiential, and brand work
- Provide strategic direction, including writing content that will be used for the design experience we are proposing
- Advocate for content strategy best practices, principles, and methodology, as well as guide copywriters and content designers on content ideation and implementation
- Be aware of emerging content strategy trends, tools, and technology, with a commitment to look beyond the status quo and excitement to innovate
- Research and analyze content across multiple channels to identify patterns and issues, and elegantly use both qualitative and quantitative data to inform content priorities
- Identify, prioritize, and sell large-scale content opportunities at the project and product levels
- Define a roadmap for how an organization can improve its content effectiveness and governance, including assessing organizational readiness
- Co-lead content efforts through information architecture design, content modeling, and taxonomy definition
- Collaborate with technologists, experience strategists, and project managers on Lippincott and client teams to recommend appropriate content systems for projects; Make technical content recommendations to enable personalization and optimize the experience
- Oversee and coordinate content activities within a project team, working across various Lippincott disciplines and the overall project lifecycle, including managing scope creep of content programs into future project scopes and opportunities
- Work with project and discipline leadership to plan, pitch, and manage multidisciplinary activities that advance Lippincott’s capabilities
We look for you to have:
- Minimum 8 years of experience leading content strategy development, preferably in an agency or consulting environment throughout the entire web development process
- Experience and comfort in facilitating client workshops
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a love for content challenges
- Self-motivation and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and autonomously
- Expertise in SEO strategy and an understanding of the evolution of SEO, data and the role of both in modern content development
- Ability to work closely with cross-functional, multi-disciplinary teams to identify new opportunities to grow clients’ business and deliver on a vision
- Technical understanding from tagging structures to architecture and taxonomy
- Experience working on large-scale redesigns or e-commerce
- Expert understanding of content delivery and management systems
Lippincott is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions at Lippincott are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, national origin, age, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate. We are committed to promoting a workplace that we are all proud to be a part of.
Lippincott is a creative consultancy specializing in brand and innovation. We have a passion for solving our clients’ toughest challenges with a proven combination of strategic rigor and design excellence. A pioneer since 1943, we have shaped some of the world’s most iconic brands and experiences. From Coca-Cola to Samsung and Starbucks to Delta, our work drives growth and adds meaning to customers’ lives. Our partnership with Oliver Wyman allows us to integrate deep industry, risk and operational expertise to deliver end-to-end solutions. Together, we create new possibilities for our clients to thrive in the future.