Senior Consultant, Business Development
Lippincott is a global creative consultancy. We uniquely combine the rigor of a premier business-consulting firm with the courage, spirit and imagination of a world-class innovation and design firm.
As the ‘face’ of Lippincott, Business Development plays a pivotal role in moving the company forward. By being the first point of contact for potential new clients, the Business Development team has the unique opportunity and responsibility to cultivate new business opportunities, pursue the work that elevates our leading capabilities and talented teams, and build meaningful and enduring relationships with our clients.
As a Senior Consultant in Business Development, you will provide valuable support across the end-to-end new business process, spanning initial opportunity assessment and qualification, through to strategic proposal writing, pitch presentation development, asset cataloguing and database management. This is an opportunity to join a talented, collegial team, passionate about helping to build some of the world’s leading brands.
Proposal and presentation development
- Shepherding the proposal / presentation development process through heavy project management and coordination for a range of new business opportunities, teams and geographies
- Researching prospective clients, key account companies, and their respective business and branding challenges
- Understanding and becoming proficient in past case studies, proposals and other resource materials as the starting point for proposal / presentation development
- Drafting and developing strategic proposals and presentations, with guidance and feedback from senior-level team members
- Communicating with internal operations and production teams to ensure all new business deliverables reflect Lippincott’s legal and design standards and present information both logically and creatively
- Serving as quality control on all new business deliverables seen by prospective clients
Marketing and knowledge management
- Supporting senior-level team members in executing new business outreach efforts and ensuring that all quantitative and qualitative metrics are captured
- Partnering with knowledge services and internal production teams to catalogue and archive thought leadership and intellectual capital, case studies, and other key assets created by the business development team
- Serving as the point-person for Lippincott’s CRM database (Salesforce), and working with senior-level team members to update and track progress across the new business pipeline
- Working with corporate marketing and practice area teams on firm-wide outreach efforts, as needed
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- 2-5 years post-college work experience in a relevant field
- Prior proposal writing experience, preferably in consulting, advertising / communications or another professional services organization
- Excellent business writing skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and project management skills
- Experience conducting secondary research (i.e., web and related sources)
- A strategic and rigorous approach to presenting information
- Ability to develop tailored and responsive proposals and presentations
- Experience in successfully handling multiple projects simultaneously and demonstrating exceptional follow-through and ability to meet deadlines
- Sensitivity and ability to adapt to different working styles
- Ability to maintain accuracy and attention to detail, while delivering on the ‘bigger picture’
- Proficiency in PowerPoint and other Microsoft Office programs, preferably on a Mac; Salesforce or relevant CRM experience preferred.
Be Passionate and Driven
- An enthusiasm for brand strategy, design, innovation and organizational engagement
- A proactive and hands-on approach to learning and working with others
- An unparalleled work ethic and drive to provide exceptional work product
Do you want the opportunity to work with the industry’s best consultants and the world’s most influential companies? Are you ready to shape the future?
Lippincott is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions at Lippincott are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, national origin, age, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate. We are committed to promoting a workplace that we are all proud to be a part of.
To submit your application, please select Apply Now and attach your resume and cover letter. For all design applicants, please include a link to your online portfolio. Someone from the recruitment team will be in touch with you.