The design team plays a pivotal role in offering creative solutions to brand, innovation, and experience challenges. As a Motion Designer at Lippincott, you will work with teammates to bring a brand’s story to life. You will use your high-end digital skills and expertise with interactive media software (graphic design, video editing, 2D & 3D animation) to design innovative, integrated solutions.
With a specialization in video and motion graphics, you are a digital artist. The computer screen is your canvas, and your work can be found everywhere – from smartphones to television, from handheld electronics to the web. You use motion graphics or video to communicate an idea, concept or story. Your team will look to you to combine fresh thinking with practical knowledge to make our work even stronger.
On an average day, you will:
- Develop preliminary concepts into refined, comprehensive motion graphics
- Work closely with project teams, execute clearly defined project tasks and meet design goals
Research and Build Ideas
- Develop storyboards and brainstorm to come up with custom graphics that transmit ideas across digital platforms
- Stay up-to-date on trends and new techniques, and be ready to share those findings with the team
Manage Time and Projects
- Prioritize tasks to meet deadlines across multiple projects
- With guidance, work within budget and time constraints
- Document and archive all work and files logically and in a timely manner for team/studio access
Communicate and Collaborate
- Clearly articulate design ideas, share research findings and explain thought process to team members
- Constructively participate in team ideation and design critiques, working collaboratively to come up with a workable design
- Share specific, constructive and actionable feedback to team members, as appropriate
We look for you to:
- A design-related Bachelor’s degree or equivalent portfolio
- 1-2+ years of motion/animation design experience in a professional setting or relevant graduate degree
- A strong understanding of how to apply basic design principles to creative work across a range of experiences (digital, 3D, motion)
- With guidance, the ability to incorporate inputs from strategy, research and other disciplines into design development
- Strong experience with motion and animation software (Adobe After Effects and Cinema 4D)
- Experience with Adobe Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, Adobe Premiere)
- Strong interest in animating for mobile UI and digital prototypes (Adobe XD, InVision, Principle, Sketch)
Be Passionate and Driven
- Demonstrate high quality design that balances creativity and rigor
- A true enthusiasm for the evolution of design, motion graphics, branding and experience
- A passion for design that is both beautiful and functional
- An unparalleled work ethic and desire to contribute and to collaborate with others
- A desire to proactively seek constructive feedback
- A desire to enhance and grow your skillset, learning about technology, media, production process, design applications, and working methods
Lippincott is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions at Lippincott are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, national origin, age, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate. We are committed to promoting a workplace that we are all proud to be a part of.
To submit your application, please select Apply Now and attach your resume and cover letter. For all design applicants, please include a link to your online portfolio. Someone from the recruitment team will be in touch with you.