Associate, Brand Strategy
As a Brand Strategy team member, you will apply strategic, analytical and creative thinking to solve challenging brand issues for clients on a daily basis. You will consult across industries, throughout the world and on a range of brand topics (e.g., positioning, brand architecture, naming, customer experience and signature cues).
As an Associate, you will be responsible for clear and compelling evaluations of client situations and context. You will be viewed as an authority on research findings and implications, with the team looking to you for ideas on solutions and recommendation territories. You will help drive the case delivery, often owning individual modules of the project and being responsible for leading the thought development and managing the process to get there. You will also have the opportunity to run smaller scale projects from start to finish.
This role offers exposure to a talented and passionate team whilst developing and building some of the world’s leading brands. You will have the opportunity to shape the perception of existing and new brands, driving changes in the global marketplace.
Responsibilities could involve:
- Synthesizing insights from a broad array of inputs (e.g., client documents, research, best practices, market trends) to frame the situation and identify preliminary brand opportunities
- Managing day-to-day project work plans and guiding team work flow
- Organizing and coordinating development of client presentations and flow
- Serving as a key point-person and face of the firm with clients and other stakeholders, including helping to manage expectations and facilitating discussions
- Collaborating with and guiding other consultants and designers to explore alternatives and develop thinking (e.g., informal brainstorming sessions, gathering of firm best practices)
- Helping motivate, develop and guide junior staff
- Quickly picking up skills and knowledge in new areas, leveraging client, firm and external resources
- Effectively communicating with, and presenting to, both internal case teams and external client teams
- Manage and analyze quantitative and qualitative customer / prospect research, partnering with analytics specialists as appropriate
- Conducting in-depth interviews with client management and key stakeholders
Desirable attributes include:
- 5-10 years excelling in a field such as consulting, business strategy, brand strategy, brand management or planning
- MBA or equivalent welcomed, but not necessary
- Outstanding communications, writing and interpersonal skills
- Excellent business intuition, ability to connect the dots and understand client implications
- Ability to thrive in team situations, actively contributing thinking that enhances and/or challenges key assumptions, and understanding how to successfully leverage junior and senior team members
- A passion for problem solving, creative expression and improving the way companies relate to customers
- A willingness to push your thinking, attack issues from multiple angles and stretch yourself to provide outstanding brand ideas to clients
- An appetite for learning and wrestling with challenging topics across a diverse range of clients/ industries
- Openness to travel, seeing things in new ways, and exploring new ideas
Lippincott is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions at Lippincott are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, national origin, age, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate. We are committed to promoting a workplace that we are all proud to be a part of.
To submit your application, please select Apply Now and attach your resume and cover letter. For all design applicants, please include a link to your online portfolio. Someone from the recruitment team will be in touch with you.